Author Topic: Inability to ingest more than one contact sheet at a time.  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Slylandro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Inability to ingest more than one contact sheet at a time.
« on: December 07, 2019, 07:15:49 AM »
Hello.  Please correct me if I'm missing something, but I'm curious as to what the reason is for only being able to "ingest from selection" only from the "frontmost" contact sheet?

It's terribly inconvenient to not be able to open several contact sheets which reflect several folders on an SD card for instance, select those images you want from each sheet, then doing the ingest and do other things while it works.  You have to run the ingest process several times for however many contact sheets you have.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Inability to ingest more than one contact sheet at a time.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 01:31:51 PM »
Hello.  Please correct me if I'm missing something, but I'm curious as to what the reason is for only being able to "ingest from selection" only from the "frontmost" contact sheet?

It's terribly inconvenient to not be able to open several contact sheets which reflect several folders on an SD card for instance, select those images you want from each sheet, then doing the ingest and do other things while it works.  You have to run the ingest process several times for however many contact sheets you have.

Why not open all of those folders in a single contact sheet and then Ingest from Selection?  That should be much more efficient.

You can open a folder and its subfolders from the Navigator and Favorites contextual menus.  (right click on a folder to see the menu.)

-Kirk

-Kirk

Offline Slylandro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 07:23:19 AM »
Thank you for your reply.

I tried that by opening the parent folder (DCIM) to the subfolders which contain the raw image files (123_FUJI, 124_FUJI).  The contact sheet is blank since it's for displaying images and doesn't traverse subfolders.  Unless there's an option for that which I couldn't find in Preferences>Contact Sheet.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 09:20:09 AM »
Thank you for your reply.

I tried that by opening the parent folder (DCIM) to the subfolders which contain the raw image files (123_FUJI, 124_FUJI).  The contact sheet is blank since it's for displaying images and doesn't traverse subfolders.  Unless there's an option for that which I couldn't find in Preferences>Contact Sheet.

You have to use the Favorites or Navigator to open your folder and subfolders.  See the attached image that was produced by right-clicking on a folder in the Navigator.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Slylandro

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 04:54:11 PM »
That worked!  Thank you.

I got hung up doing everything either from the startup select contact sheet prompt or contact sheet selection from the File menu, which I would think you should be able to .

So obviously doing working off the directory tree is more capable than the aforementioned methods.  Kinda weird really you're limited in what you can do.

Oh well, thanks again.