Author Topic: Slide show startup hanging  (Read 1781 times)

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
Slide show startup hanging
« on: December 08, 2019, 12:13:29 PM »
An old bug has apparently crept back in - after control L thjen return on the setting screen to start, a small white square appears and then nothing.  Sometimes it happens several times in a row when trying to start a slide show; others only once; the majority of the time it starts correctly.  Sorry, but I have not been able to pin down the steps to create the problem.

The same problem was occurring in PM5 and was fixed.  In PM6 it started happening (I think) a version ago.

Win 10 Pro x64 filly updated
PM6 build 3954
NVidia GTX 1060 with Studio Driver 441.28

It is also happening on my laptop with one version older of the OS and a different NVidia card. Happy to provide details if needed.

Jerry

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: Slide show startup hanging
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 09:31:07 PM »
I just tried to replicate this on my Win 10 laptop. I opened a contact sheet whith just 2 images that I first selected. After a handful of Ctrl+L Start sequences, PM crashed with a "Bug Splat" dialog. Not the same result as you describe, it may or may not be a sign of the same problem. I sent the bug splat report (to CB I believe).
--
Odd S.

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Slide show startup hanging
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 11:13:48 PM »
I just tried to replicate this on my Win 10 laptop. I opened a contact sheet whith just 2 images that I first selected. After a handful of Ctrl+L Start sequences, PM crashed with a "Bug Splat" dialog. Not the same result as you describe, it may or may not be a sign of the same problem. I sent the bug splat report (to CB I believe).

A few minutes after I posted my problem, PM crashed on me in the manner you describe.  It really does sound like they may be related.