Author Topic: Save selection / contact sheet  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Oktaviant

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save selection / contact sheet
« on: October 16, 2018, 07:17:17 AM »
Hello,
may sound funny but: How do i save my Contactsheet / Selection? I can not find something like »save as« or »save under«.
Is the contact sheet lost whn i´m closing the window? I came from MediaPro where i could save my catalogue together with my images in the folder.
Forgive me: I´m neither  native spaeker nor a digital nativ...
Thank you-
Andreas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save selection / contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 07:54:59 AM »
Andreas,

Photo Mechanic is an image browser.  It does not yet have a Catalog.

You can Save selections to a text file from the Edit menu.  You will have to Load the selection from the Edit menu when you want to see them again.

-Kirk

Offline se

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 03:28:38 AM »
hi there,

actually I switched from PM5 to PM6. when I used to save a selection (mac / 10.12.6) I´d get typically a file named select.txt in the folder I made the selection.
now in PM 6 I´ll get a file   named UNTITLED without file extention which wants to be saved in the last folder I used with PM5 for saving a selection.

I didn´t find any way to change this to the former behaviour in the preferences. any ideas?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 07:55:48 AM »
hi there,

actually I switched from PM5 to PM6. when I used to save a selection (mac / 10.12.6) I´d get typically a file named select.txt in the folder I made the selection.
now in PM 6 I´ll get a file   named UNTITLED without file extention which wants to be saved in the last folder I used with PM5 for saving a selection.

I didn´t find any way to change this to the former behaviour in the preferences. any ideas?

There is no preference for this change in behavior.  It is unintended.  I found the problem and have fixed it.  The next build of PM6 will have the problem fixed.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

-Kirk