Author Topic: Can I filter by date?  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Ian J

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can I filter by date?
« on: December 09, 2019, 07:30:29 PM »
I work on a month by month basis using Photo Mechanic 6 and then Capture One Pro 20. I like to use a Capture One Session for each month. This means that I put all my images into one folder for that month.

Each time I ingest images using PM they go into that same folder. I simply want to be able to just view the images just ingested, not the whole contents of the folder.

It must be possible to filter by date?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can I filter by date?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 08:22:00 PM »
I work on a month by month basis using Photo Mechanic 6 and then Capture One Pro 20. I like to use a Capture One Session for each month. This means that I put all my images into one folder for that month.

Each time I ingest images using PM they go into that same folder. I simply want to be able to just view the images just ingested, not the whole contents of the folder.

It must be possible to filter by date?

You could change the sort type to "Capture Time" and reverse the sort.  Your newest images will be at the top of the contact sheet.

-Kirk

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 05:56:40 AM »
...I like to use a Capture One Session for each month. This means that I put all my images into one folder for that month.

Kirk provided an answer from a PM perspective.
Here is a potential answer from a C1 perspective: You could have a C1 session per month like you currently do and have PM ingest to dated sub folders, as in .../Capture/<year-month-date> on disk and then make year-month-date folders a C1 session favorite. The virtual session folder "All Images" will have images located in the virtual Capture folder and favorite folders. It may not work for you as it is not the same as  "most recent ingest".
--
Odd S.

Offline Ian J

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 11:57:08 PM »
No, I don't use subfolders within the capture folder because I don't want to make favorites folders.

In Capture One Pro 20 I just use the filters to find the day I need.