Author Topic: Ingesting RAW and JPEG images into separate folders  (Read 5186 times)

Offline DizzyReed

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingesting RAW and JPEG images into separate folders
« on: December 13, 2019, 07:16:06 AM »
hello,

I wanted to publish this one into Feature Requests but somehow the "New Topic" button isn't there ...

so, many times I ingest images from cards via Photo Mechanic (usually in this structure: 20191213_event > {iptcdate}) and after images are imported into folder I divide them into {iptcdate}_raw and {iptcdate}_jpg.

is there any way that Photo Mechanic would recognise the file format and copy RAWs into "raw" and JPGs into "jpg" folder?

thanks!
Jure

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingesting RAW and JPEG images into separate folders
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 07:49:16 AM »
Jure,

I wanted to publish this one into Feature Requests but somehow the "New Topic" button isn't there ...

That's because we've changed to a better system that allows tracking of requests.  Read about it here:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12803.0

so, many times I ingest images from cards via Photo Mechanic (usually in this structure: 20191213_event > {iptcdate}) and after images are imported into folder I divide them into {iptcdate}_raw and {iptcdate}_jpg.

is there any way that Photo Mechanic would recognise the file format and copy RAWs into "raw" and JPGs into "jpg" folder?

Yes, you can do this already with a combination of the {type} variable and Code Replacement.  It's not an entirely straightforward/intuitive method but it can be done.

Here is the list of possible types that the {type} variable will return:

JPEG
TIFF
APSD
WBMP
GIFf
PNGf
EPSF
HEIC
HEIF
MooV
WAVI
MPEG
MPG4
NNEF
NNEF
C1DT
P1RT
CCRW
CCR2
CCR3
FRAF
OORF
EERF
LMOS
PRAW
PRW2
PRWL
PPEF
SSR2
SARW
SSRF
SSTI
SSRW
P1IQ
FX3F
KDCS
ADNG
PRXY

So to create your Code Replacement file (learn more about Code Replacement here:http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Code_Replacement) you would make it look like this:

Code: [Select]
JPEG jpg
TIFF jpg
APSD jpg
WBMP jpg
GIFf jpg
PNGf jpg
EPSF jpg
HEIC jpg
HEIF jpg
MooV jpg
WAVI jpg
MPEG jpg
MPG4 jpg
NNEF raw
C1DT raw
P1RT raw
CCRW raw
CCR2 raw
CCR3 raw
FRAF raw
OORF raw
EERF raw
LMOS raw
PRAW raw
PRW2 raw
PRWL raw
PPEF raw
SSR2 raw
SARW raw
SSRF raw
SSTI raw
SSRW raw
P1IQ raw
FX3F raw
KDCS raw
ADNG raw
PRXY jpg

Feel free to select, copy, and paste into your own Code Replacement file.  Be sure to load it into the Code Replacement settings dialog.

Then when ingesting or copying/moving you'd use the following for your folder creation:

{iptcdate}_={type}=

I've set the equals sign (=) as my Code Replacement delimiter, you should your Code Replacement delimiter in place of the equals sign in the example above if yours differs from mine.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline stulandr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 11:47:45 PM »
Hello - I've tried using this technique to ingest Fuji RAF files and JPGs into separate folders without success.  I end end up with one folder (date\jpg) with both RAF and JPG files.  Here's what I've done.

Create the following code replacement file and load into settings using "=" as the Delimiter character (tabs only between columns)
FRAF raw
JPEG jpg

Ingest photos off SD card using Copy Photos - into folder with name:

{iptcdate}\={type}=

Anything obvious I've done incorrectly?

Edit: Using PM v6.0 Build 4538 on Win10

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 08:03:58 AM »
Hello - I've tried using this technique to ingest Fuji RAF files and JPGs into separate folders without success.  I end end up with one folder (date\jpg) with both RAF and JPG files.  Here's what I've done.

Create the following code replacement file and load into settings using "=" as the Delimiter character (tabs only between columns)
FRAF raw
JPEG jpg

Ingest photos off SD card using Copy Photos - into folder with name:

{iptcdate}\={type}=

Anything obvious I've done incorrectly?

Edit: Using PM v6.0 Build 4538 on Win10

No.  It just doesn't work in one pass.  You'd have to do two Ingests.  One with RAW only chosen, and the second non-RAW chosen.

-Kirk

Offline stulandr

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 06:04:21 PM »
Ok - thanks for clarifying!