Author Topic: Structured Keywords - How to set them up?  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Structured Keywords - How to set them up?
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:03:23 PM »
Kirk,

I guess I miss something again, but isn't PM4.5 to have a structured keyword option? How can I set that up?

Or perhaps I missunderstood what 'structured' means. What I want to do is something like this (as example):

ANIMALS
   Birds
   Cats
   Spiders
   etc.
NATURE
   Flower
   Waterfall
   etc.

Isn't that how I should be able to do it? Or do I need extra software to do that?

Furthermore, I don't assume you have a new manual for 4.5 available? And I also red there is a quick reference available. Where can I find that? Is it for version 4.5?

Thanks,
Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Structured Keywords - How to set them up?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »
Archer,

I guess I miss something again, but isn't PM4.5 to have a structured keyword option? How can I set that up?

Or perhaps I missunderstood what 'structured' means. What I want to do is something like this (as example):

ANIMALS
   Birds
   Cats
   Spiders
   etc.
NATURE
   Flower
   Waterfall
   etc.

Isn't that how I should be able to do it? Or do I need extra software to do that?

You'll just need an updated version of 4.5 for Windows.  That feature is not complete on Windows yet.

Quote from: archer69
Furthermore, I don't assume you have a new manual for 4.5 available? And I also red there is a quick reference available. Where can I find that? Is it for version 4.5?

There is no 4.5 feature specific manual available yet.  The QuickStart Guide is very simple and would not cover the features you're interested in.  In any rate, the guide is installed on your system under the Photo Mechanic group in your Start menu.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
Re: Structured Keywords - How to set them up?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:28:49 PM »
Archer,

You'll just need an updated version of 4.5 for Windows.  That feature is not complete on Windows yet.

Any idea when it will be available for the windows version?

Archer