Author Topic: Edit in place / Save beside original?  (Read 1396 times)

Offline pcolton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Edit in place / Save beside original?
« on: December 17, 2019, 07:36:28 PM »
I am evaluating the product, and so far so good. What I'd like to do is have the option to 1) edit a photo in place (i.e. edit the original), and 2) edit a photo and save the modified version 'beside' the original. But whenever I edit, whether it's Photoshop or Pixelmator Pro (I am on Mac), it wants to save to Desktop and not my original location. I couldn't find a preference for this. I've tried this with JPG and DNG.

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Edit in place / Save beside original?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 07:58:24 PM »
I am evaluating the product, and so far so good. What I'd like to do is have the option to 1) edit a photo in place (i.e. edit the original), and 2) edit a photo and save the modified version 'beside' the original. But whenever I edit, whether it's Photoshop or Pixelmator Pro (I am on Mac), it wants to save to Desktop and not my original location. I couldn't find a preference for this. I've tried this with JPG and DNG.

In the Photoshop save dialog, can't you choose a different folder?  Or is navigation disabled?  I expect that Pixelmator Pro also uses the standard macOS-provided save dialog that allows navigation but I don't have personal experience.

PM has no way of directing where an external editor starts the save dialog.  We simply tell the application to open a file in a directory and the application opens it up for editing.

-Kirk