Author Topic: PM incorrect image sizing  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Bay Hippisley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM incorrect image sizing
« on: January 10, 2020, 07:19:16 AM »
Can anyone explain why when I 'save photos as' a specific size PM saves them 1 pixel smaller? I have checked the aspect ratio of the originals which were all shot as 35mm full frame so are 3:2. My requested 'save as' size is 255 by 170 which is the same ratio so I am not asking PM to distort. Could the work around be to simply set the 'custom width' to 256x170 ? I have discovered that I if apply a 'constrained crop' size 36x24 before 'saving as' PM then saves to the correct size. You will understand It's a bit time consuming when I have 50 shots and have to crop them all before saving just to get them to the right size.

For your info I'm using PM6 with OS Mojave.

I am a long time user of PM and recommend it to all my Mates. Thanks for any help

Bay

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM incorrect image sizing
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 08:56:47 AM »
Bay,

Can anyone explain why when I 'save photos as' a specific size PM saves them 1 pixel smaller? I have checked the aspect ratio of the originals which were all shot as 35mm full frame so are 3:2. My requested 'save as' size is 255 by 170 which is the same ratio so I am not asking PM to distort. Could the work around be to simply set the 'custom width' to 256x170 ? I have discovered that I if apply a 'constrained crop' size 36x24 before 'saving as' PM then saves to the correct size. You will understand It's a bit time consuming when I have 50 shots and have to crop them all before saving just to get them to the right size.

For your info I'm using PM6 with OS Mojave.

I am a long time user of PM and recommend it to all my Mates. Thanks for any help

Sounds like a bug to me.  Can you tell me what the full image size is and post a screen shot of your "Save Photos As" settings?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk