Author Topic: ingest and deletion  (Read 6646 times)

Offline mtdoc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
ingest and deletion
« on: May 12, 2006, 03:06:57 PM »
I'm new to photomechanics and love it so far, but have question about a few things that I haven't found in the help section. 
1.When you ingest and rename at the same time and then do some deletions, do those deletions occur just on the contact sheet or also in the primary and secondary destinations.  If it doesn't, is there some way to make it happen there at the same time?
2.If I ingest to a temporary folder, do an edit, and then rename and save the files, there is only the ability to send it to one destination.  Is this correct.  It is much slower than when you rename and ingest at the same time!!!!!   Why?
3.When you use the rename photos option, where is this occuring?  On the contact sheet only.  Or ????

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: ingest and deletion
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:38:38 PM »
I'm new to photomechanics and love it so far, but have question about a few things that I haven't found in the help section. 
1.When you ingest and rename at the same time and then do some deletions, do those deletions occur just on the contact sheet or also in the primary and secondary destinations.  If it doesn't, is there some way to make it happen there at the same time?

All work you do in Photo Mechanic only affects what is currently in the contact sheet.  Unless you open both destination folders as contact sheets, you will definitely not affect your secondary destination.

Quote from: mtdoc
2.If I ingest to a temporary folder, do an edit, and then rename and save the files, there is only the ability to send it to one destination.  Is this correct.  It is much slower than when you rename and ingest at the same time!!!!!   Why?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I can say that Save As only saves to a single location.  If you want a copy of the saved files, then copy them with the Copy command or via drag and drop.

Quote from: mtdoc
3.When you use the rename photos option, where is this occuring?  On the contact sheet only.  Or ????

On the filenames of the photos in the contact sheet.

HTH,

-Kirk