Author Topic: "live" update of contact sheet  (Read 12301 times)

Offline vinnie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Vincent MacNamara Photography
"live" update of contact sheet
« on: May 12, 2006, 11:07:37 AM »
Is there a way to get the contact sheet to give an up to date view of all images in a folder, for instance when shooting tethered, or batch processing images? I find I need to switch out to another program and then back to PM to see the latest images.

Vinnie

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: "live" update of contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:19:06 AM »
Is there a way to get the contact sheet to give an up to date view of all images in a folder, for instance when shooting tethered, or batch processing images? I find I need to switch out to another program and then back to PM to see the latest images.

You can rescan the contact sheet manually, by choosing "Rescan" from the File menu.

-Kirk

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »
Just a note and Kirk will tell if this is normal behaviour or not :) I notice this yesterday, when I was trying watermark, before I posted about that "watermark problem" here. I had ftp server running on same machine where I was running also PM, so I was actually sending files from one directory to another one (on same machine) over ftp. When photo came over ftp, only way to show it in Contact sheet was, to close current Contact sheet and reopen it again from Navigator. No rescan/refresh or whatever managed to show it.

Since I was sure that before it was working, I tried one more thing. I copied photo to this directory normaly (via normal Windows copy) and PM showed photo as soon as it landed in this directory. Even without refresh. So yes it's still working normaly (I never tried this over ftp before), but I have feeling that it does matter how photo comes (is copied) to directory currently open in Contact sheet.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 11:50:37 PM »
Just a note and Kirk will tell if this is normal behaviour or not :) I notice this yesterday, when I was trying watermark, before I posted about that "watermark problem" here. I had ftp server running on same machine where I was running also PM, so I was actually sending files from one directory to another one (on same machine) over ftp. When photo came over ftp, only way to show it in Contact sheet was, to close current Contact sheet and reopen it again from Navigator. No rescan/refresh or whatever managed to show it.

Since I was sure that before it was working, I tried one more thing. I copied photo to this directory normaly (via normal Windows copy) and PM showed photo as soon as it landed in this directory. Even without refresh. So yes it's still working normaly (I never tried this over ftp before), but I have feeling that it does matter how photo comes (is copied) to directory currently open in Contact sheet.

You used the rescan command on the file menu?  Did you have multiple folders open in that Contact Sheet?

I have never tried running and FTP server on my systems since usually that would be a counter-productive way to copy files.

-Kirk

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 05:59:21 AM »
Yes I tried rescan, and yes I had multiple folders open, but each folder in separate Contact sheet. I agree this would be really weird way to copy photos :) but I was doing this to try what I am doing wrong with watermark not being in center of photo (btw.. you answered to this in other thread already ;) ). Otherwise I use normal way to copy photos too, and that's reason why I never saw this "problem" before.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 07:44:39 AM »
Yes I tried rescan, and yes I had multiple folders open, but each folder in separate Contact sheet. I agree this would be really weird way to copy photos :) but I was doing this to try what I am doing wrong with watermark not being in center of photo (btw.. you answered to this in other thread already ;) ). Otherwise I use normal way to copy photos too, and that's reason why I never saw this "problem" before.

OK.. Well don't worry, the watermark rendering is fixed now.  We'll put out an update soon.

The rescan command only applies to the currently active Contact Sheet, so unless you went and executed rescan on each of your Contact Sheets, only one of them was rescanned.

-Kirk