Author Topic: Installation problem with version 4.5.1  (Read 2863 times)

Offline JGVilla

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Installation problem with version 4.5.1
« on: May 19, 2007, 06:37:46 AM »
Hi,

I used the evaluation version of Photo Mechanic (version 4.4.3.3) for a while and that version works flawlessly.
So I decided to register for the unrestricted version and installed version 4.5.1
I noticed the following problems:
In version 4.5.1 the icons which pop-up on the main screen (contact sheet) are different from the ones I saw in version 4.4.3.3.
The look much more simplistic and apparently the required icons can not be found anymore by version 4.5.1 (or did you change them?).
Screen shots of both versions are attached.
Also in my version 4.5.1 the help document can not be activated from within Photo Mechanic.
And already several times the porogram reported a serious error and stopped functioning (error report send in)
My question: what am I doing wrong and how to proceed to correct these problems?
Version 4.4.3.3 still works A OK.

I use a Dell 9400 Inspiron laptop with Windows XP (sp2) operating system.

Regards -Jan-

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Installation problem with version 4.5.1
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:27:39 AM »
Jan,

I used the evaluation version of Photo Mechanic (version 4.4.3.3) for a while and that version works flawlessly.
So I decided to register for the unrestricted version and installed version 4.5.1
I noticed the following problems:
In version 4.5.1 the icons which pop-up on the main screen (contact sheet) are different from the ones I saw in version 4.4.3.3.
The look much more simplistic and apparently the required icons can not be found anymore by version 4.5.1 (or did you change them?).

Yes, they were changed.

Quote from: Jan Buitenhuis
Also in my version 4.5.1 the help document can not be activated from within Photo Mechanic.
And already several times the porogram reported a serious error and stopped functioning (error report send in)

I have seen no crash reports for version 4.5.1 come in from anyone.

Quote from: Jan Buitenhuis
My question: what am I doing wrong and how to proceed to correct these problems?
Version 4.4.3.3 still works A OK.

I use a Dell 9400 Inspiron laptop with Windows XP (sp2) operating system.

Try this first: Uninstall 4.5.1 and install 4.5.1.1.  If it does not function correctly for you, I suggest contacting support@camerabits.com for more direct hands-on support.  You can also call them at 503-531-8430, M-F 9:30-5:00 PST.

-Kirk