Author Topic: PM6 problem  (Read 2131 times)

Offline KirkNeidermyer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 problem
« on: January 28, 2020, 07:26:17 AM »
Started using PM6. I read through some of the questions on here so I tweaked a few things that were suggested. The problem I am having is when I go to export my photos the color wheel spins for sometimes close to 5min before either starting the upload or I got to retry. Most times it freezes that I can do anything. Also it happened yesterday when I was change it a folder name as well. Never had problems with PM5.

I am using a 2015 MacBook Pro with Catalina on it that I just recently installed. 1TB HD

Can anyone help?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 problem
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 08:26:05 AM »
Kirk,

Started using PM6. I read through some of the questions on here so I tweaked a few things that were suggested. The problem I am having is when I go to export my photos the color wheel spins for sometimes close to 5min before either starting the upload or I got to retry. Most times it freezes that I can do anything. Also it happened yesterday when I was change it a folder name as well. Never had problems with PM5.

I am using a 2015 MacBook Pro with Catalina on it that I just recently installed. 1TB HD

Can anyone help?

I'm not sure what you mean by "export my photos"?  What operation are you doing in Photo Mechanic?  In your photo, I can see that you're using drag and drop.  Is that what you mean by export?

-Kirk

Offline KirkNeidermyer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 08:48:34 AM »
Yes sir! I drag and drop them onto our sever. Sorry about that.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:02:50 AM »
OK, I see from the photo that "ER Newsdesk" is expanded but has no child folders.  Is there something special about it?  What kind of server is it?  What networking protocol does it use?

If you instead use the Copy/Move Photos... command on the File menu, does it work any better?

-Kirk