Author Topic: Filtering Problem - doesn't display 1st in a series  (Read 2338 times)

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Filtering Problem - doesn't display 1st in a series
« on: January 20, 2020, 09:45:50 AM »
I'm Running PM 6 build 4155 on Windows 10 and am just now encountering a problem with filtering.  I don't know if it's me, PM or Windows, but here are the symptoms.

Let's say I tag 4 mages in a contact sheet and then view only tagged images, only the 2nd though 4th are displayed.  If I only tag 1 image, then none are displayed.  When I go back to "display all", the images are clearly tagged.

There's a similar problem with start ratings and color coding. If I only rate or color code 1, it doesn't show up when filtered.  If I've done several, the 1st doesn't display.

With the star ratings, it happens as I change the rating filter - if there are multiple types of ratings (2 1-star, 1 3-star, and 1 5-star, as you click to display only the higher rated images you lose the first of that type.  So in the example I just listed, when you get to filter 2 and above you only get one of them.  Filter for 3 and above and you only get the 5-star.  Filter 4 and above and you get none.

This is recent which is why I'm wondering if Windows or me has done something different or need to do something different.

Thanks.

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Filtering Problem - doesn't display 1st in a series
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 11:25:51 AM »
Just tried all your conditions and they worked correctly on my system.

PM build 4155
Win 10 Pro version 1903 build 18362.592

It is a strange problem...

Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 01:04:43 PM »
I'm Running PM 6 build 4155 on Windows 10 and am just now encountering a problem with filtering.  I don't know if it's me, PM or Windows, but here are the symptoms.

Let's say I tag 4 mages in a contact sheet and then view only tagged images, only the 2nd though 4th are displayed.  If I only tag 1 image, then none are displayed.  When I go back to "display all", the images are clearly tagged.

There's a similar problem with start ratings and color coding. If I only rate or color code 1, it doesn't show up when filtered.  If I've done several, the 1st doesn't display.

With the star ratings, it happens as I change the rating filter - if there are multiple types of ratings (2 1-star, 1 3-star, and 1 5-star, as you click to display only the higher rated images you lose the first of that type.  So in the example I just listed, when you get to filter 2 and above you only get one of them.  Filter for 3 and above and you only get the 5-star.  Filter 4 and above and you get none.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 02:16:56 PM »
Hi Kirk.

Here's the log.  Just to let you know I tried the same filtering in PM 5 (it works just fine) just prior to trying it again in PM 6 and pulling the log.  If this messed things up, let me know and I'll try my tests a few more times in PM6 without confusing the issue with PM 5.

For the record, my Windows version is:

OS Name   Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version   10.0.18362 Build 18362

Thanks for your help.

Ralph

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 04:28:41 PM »
Ralph,

Here's the log.  Just to let you know I tried the same filtering in PM 5 (it works just fine) just prior to trying it again in PM 6 and pulling the log.  If this messed things up, let me know and I'll try my tests a few more times in PM6 without confusing the issue with PM 5.

For the record, my Windows version is:

OS Name   Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version   10.0.18362 Build 18362

I don't see anything obvious in your log.  For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2800 option 2

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 01:41:11 PM »
Just wanted to report that this was quickly resolved with instructions from the support team to do a removal and reinstall of PM6, which included deleting the program directories.

All is well.

Thanks all!

Ralph