Author Topic: Selecting multiple files to apply rating to all  (Read 4132 times)

Offline pascalegadbois

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Selecting multiple files to apply rating to all
« on: January 29, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »
Hi, 
I am new at using Photo mechanic and was using bridge/camera raw before.

I am use to selecting multiple images and then pressing the shortcut 5 to apply a 5 star rating to the selected images all at once.  I am successful at selecting one image and pressing 5 to apply the rating in photo mechanic but cannot seem to find a shortcut for speeding the process and rating more than one image at the time.  This may seen silly but it is a huge time saver.
What am I missing?

By that same logic is there a way to do a multiple 5 stars rating (for exemple) and then afterwards select a colour (exemple pressing 7 would be yellow and yellow for me is BW) rating ex:  selecting 20 random images among my 300 and then pressing 5 for those 20 to receive a 5 start rating, followed by pressing 7 for those same images to additional receive my yellow BW rating?  This was doable in Bridge and I have to image it is here as well, I just don't know how to do it. (I understand that these would have to be set as such in my preferences but it seems to be one or the other and no other way)

Thank you in advance for your time.

Pascale

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: Selecting multiple files to apply rating to all
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »
What am I missing?

A modifier key perhaps?

Alt+number works for stars and Ctrl+number works for colors on my Windows 10 PC.
--
Odd S.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Selecting multiple files to apply rating to all
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 11:32:32 AM »
Pascale,

...is there a way to do a multiple 5 stars rating (for exemple) and then afterwards select a colour (exemple pressing 7 would be yellow and yellow for me is BW) rating ex:  selecting 20 random images among my 300 and then pressing 5 for those 20 to receive a 5 start rating, followed by pressing 7 for those same images to additional receive my yellow BW rating?  This was doable in Bridge and I have to image it is here as well, I just don't know how to do it. (I understand that these would have to be set as such in my preferences but it seems to be one or the other and no other way)

In the menu bar, the Image menu, look for the sub-menus: "Set Color Class of Photos" and "Set Rating of Photos".  You should see the individual items and their keyboard equivalents.

Every item on the Image menu operates on a selection of images.

HTH,

-Kirk