Author Topic: Copy settings from MBP PM5 to Macbook Air PM6  (Read 1410 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Copy settings from MBP PM5 to Macbook Air PM6
« on: January 31, 2020, 02:18:15 AM »
I need to send my MBP off for a battery replacement which will take 2-3 weeks so I'm setting up a MacBook Air running Catalina to use in the meantime.

Is the a way to save all my preferences and FTP settings in one go? My MBP is running Mojave with PM5 (which I prefer), the Air has the latest version of Catalina with PM6.

How is PM6 with Catalina? Are there any bugs I need to be aware of?

Thanks Jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copy settings from MBP PM5 to Macbook Air PM6
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 08:22:00 AM »
Jon,

I need to send my MBP off for a battery replacement which will take 2-3 weeks so I'm setting up a MacBook Air running Catalina to use in the meantime.

Is the a way to save all my preferences and FTP settings in one go? My MBP is running Mojave with PM5 (which I prefer), the Air has the latest version of Catalina with PM6.

Yes, use the Export button at the bottom of the Photo Mechanic 5 Preferences dialog to export your settings from your MBP.  Then use the Import button at the bottom of the Photo Mechanic 6 Preferences dialog on your MacBook Air to import the settings from your MBP.  I suggest exporting to a thumb drive or a server that you can use on both systems.

How is PM6 with Catalina? Are there any bugs I need to be aware of?

It's fine.  The main thing you'll need to do is grant full disk access to PM6 on your Catalina system.  See the attached image for details.

-Kirk