Author Topic: Spotlight "Edit Search" crashes PM  (Read 2739 times)

Offline bazography

• View Profile
Spotlight "Edit Search" crashes PM
« on: January 31, 2020, 01:03:40 PM »
build 4257 (8daf8ba)
macOS 10.14.6

Great to see Spotlight searches are back, but I found a few bugs.
Right clicking on a favourite search and selecting Edit Search causes PM to crash every time. The other right click functions like Execute etc work as expected.
Also, the Option-Command-F hot key doesn't seem to work.

And speaking of Spotlight Searches... is there any chance the "Search My Mac" field could be configurable so that we can limit it to specific locations? If that was possible I'd probably use "Search My Mac" 95% of the time and wouldn't even need to open the Spotlight dialog box. That would be sure make things quick and easy.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Spotlight "Edit Search" crashes PM
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 10:23:26 AM »

Great to see Spotlight searches are back, but I found a few bugs.
Right clicking on a favourite search and selecting Edit Search causes PM to crash every time. The other right click functions like Execute etc work as expected.

Thanks.  I've fixed it this morning.

Thanks.  I'll look into this.

And speaking of Spotlight Searches... is there any chance the "Search My Mac" field could be configurable so that we can limit it to specific locations? If that was possible I'd probably use "Search My Mac" 95% of the time and wouldn't even need to open the Spotlight dialog box. That would be sure make things quick and easy.

The only option the "Search My Mac" offers is to limit the search to the paths in the current contact sheet tab.  So if you browse to a specific folder (and you can add other folders via the Favorites or Navigator) then you can click on the 'magnifying glass' and choose to limit the search to the contact sheet.

We have returned the functionality present in PM5 but we won't be spending much time improving it beyond making sure the feature is stable.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Spotlight "Edit Search" crashes PM
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 12:36:33 PM »

I just tried it on my macOS 10.11.6 system and Command-Option-f brings up the Spotlight Search panel straight away.

-Kirk