Author Topic: 4.5 problem - Snapshots & incremental ingest not working  (Read 4329 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
4.5 problem - Snapshots & incremental ingest not working
« on: April 13, 2007, 03:23:42 AM »
Hello, I have two problems possibly related, 4.5 under WinXP -

1) the "flash" snapshots won't work anymore for me. I can click save, name the snapshot, ok it, but then nothing happens. In the Beta, I had similar problem, but I got an error dialog instead of nothing.

2) upon ingesting, I get this error at the end of ingest:

Finished copying from volume "D:\".
Volume "D:\" has been unmounted and is safe to eject.
Incremental Ingest: Error saving Incremental Ingest database C:\Documents and Settings\vlcek\Data aplikací\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic\ingest\incremental\{81F805CB-DF69-45c3-B2AB-4D22F8BBC32D}.  Incremental Ingest will not function for volume D:\.
Incremental Ingest: Error saving Incremental Ingest database C:\Documents and Settings\vlcek\Data aplikací\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic\ingest\incremental\{81F805CB-DF69-45c3-B2AB-4D22F8BBC32D}.  Incremental Ingest will not function for volume D:\.

I looked arount the directory, and I have full admin rights in that location, so it's probably not access rights issue. The directory for increm. ingest database is full of files from previous ingests, it worked in 4.4.3.3.

Thanks. Frantisek

Offline kwokchai

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: 4.5 problem - Snapshots & incremental ingest not working
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 08:04:01 AM »
I have another ingest problem at XP home/Pro (see attachment)

the ingested photo(jpg or raw) cannot be read in photomechanic but can be read by other program.

4.5 it works fine at mac version as 4.4.3 win/mac

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mervifwdc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Merv Colton Photography
Re: 4.5 problem - Snapshots & incremental ingest not working
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 04:36:05 AM »
I am having problems with ingest on 4.5 on both the laptop and desktop (both xp). After ingesting one or 2 cards, (just pulling the cards out of the card reader and inserting the next, windows sees the new cards correctly) the ingest hangs, and PM gives me a (not responding) on the blue bar at the top of the screen. I've to end the program (violently) and it will usually work then the next time.

I've not figured the complete set of circumstances yet, it's with a mixture of 5d, 1d and 1dMII RAW images, all 2 gig san disk cards.

Warning: Spell Checker disabled. Granma may be erotic.