Author Topic: Bug- Can't select image in Contact Sheet scenario  (Read 1694 times)

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Bug- Can't select image in Contact Sheet scenario
« on: February 12, 2020, 06:03:10 AM »
To reproduce:

• Close all Contact Sheets
  • Double-click a folder in the Navigator panel to open a Contact Sheet
  • Right-click on different folder in Navigator panel and select "Open Folder and SubFolders replacing Contact Sheet"

Folder opens and replaces previous folder in Contact Sheet as expected but I am unable to select an image in the new Contact Sheet with the mouse. The new Contact Sheet is completely unresponsive to the mouse.

Note: The bug only occurs with a single Contact Sheet open. If I open an additional Contact Sheet, then I can use the same context menu option to replace its contents with no problem.
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bug- Can't select image in Contact Sheet scenario
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 09:35:09 AM »
Bill,

I followed your instructions on my Windows 7x64 system and could not reproduce the problem.  How many images, folders and subfolders are in the folder that you right-clicked on to replace the current Contact Sheet?  Mine only had 122 images total and was only two levels deep.

If the number of photos is significant, then PM was probably just gathering metadata and sorting the images.

PM is not designed to open many thousands of photos at once, instantaneously.

-Kirk

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »
How many images, folders and subfolders are in the folder that you right-clicked on to replace the current Contact Sheet?

Oh, no, folders are only single level and, in some cases, only have a couple dozen images. But before posting the issue, I tested and retested across a number of folders. Behavior was as consistent as the sunrise. However...

I just went in to test again (PM has not been closed on my laptop since posting); tested across a dozen folders. Although it behaved as I posted in two instances, the behavior was as it should be across the rest (what's the emoji for egg on your face). No explanation. Folders have few images and all are single level. When it failed, I even waited on PM for a bit- had to close the Contact Sheet eventually with no mouse responsiveness.

At this point, I'm considering it a local issue of some kind, though baffled as to what/why. Sorry to have wasted your time.
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 12:35:12 PM »
Bill,

How many images, folders and subfolders are in the folder that you right-clicked on to replace the current Contact Sheet?
At this point, I'm considering it a local issue of some kind, though baffled as to what/why. Sorry to have wasted your time.

It's no waste of time.  If you're having a problem, then we want to hear about it.  There may still really be a problem.  If we can reproduce it, then generally we can fix it.  It's the problems that we can't reproduce that are the hardest to fix.

We're always striving to make our software better.

-Kirk