Author Topic: Opening Contact Sheet Defaults to Filtering by One Color  (Read 1715 times)

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Opening Contact Sheet Defaults to Filtering by One Color
« on: February 17, 2020, 08:57:52 AM »
PM6.0, build 4155 (e068498)
Mac OS 10.14.6

I've been using this build since it was released with no problems. In the last few days when I reopen a contact sheet, instead of displaying all the files it defaults to showing one color class (2: RED Winner Alt - PM Classic setting) only.

Using the F1 key brings back all files, but if I close and reopen the folder it's back to being filtered to the one color.

Restarting PM6, the computer, etc. has not helped - I'm assuming I've got a corrupted Prefs files somewhere, but before I go deleating anything in an attempt to rebuild the Prefs I thought I should see if there's something I've overlooked, and if not how should I go about rebuilding the (possibly corrupted) Prefs file?

Thanks,
Reed

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Opening Contact Sheet Defaults to Filtering by One Color
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 09:10:47 AM »
Reed,

PM6.0, build 4155 (e068498)
Mac OS 10.14.6

I've been using this build since it was released with no problems. In the last few days when I reopen a contact sheet, instead of displaying all the files it defaults to showing one color class (2: RED Winner Alt - PM Classic setting) only.

Using the F1 key brings back all files, but if I close and reopen the folder it's back to being filtered to the one color.

Restarting PM6, the computer, etc. has not helped - I'm assuming I've got a corrupted Prefs files somewhere, but before I go deleating anything in an attempt to rebuild the Prefs I thought I should see if there's something I've overlooked, and if not how should I go about rebuilding the (possibly corrupted) Prefs file?

You have likely set your Color Class filter default to only show 'red'.  Here is how to fix it:

1) Turn on all of the colors that you want to be on by default.
2) Right-click on the Color Class filter and choose "Set as default"

That should do it.

There are other contextual menu options that are useful too (like "Turn all On").

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 04:39:58 PM »
Many Thanks Kirk,

That was exactly the fix I needed - I suppose I was turning on/off some of the color filtering options at some point and let a right click slip in there unseen.

I really should pay more attention to Contextual Menu options  :-[

While I have your attention - Is there anyway on the File Uploader page to have the Selected Uploader default to the one I use 99.99% of the time (instead of FTP)?

Contextual Menus don't offer that option and It's not a Pref or Radio button I can find.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »
While I have your attention - Is there anyway on the File Uploader page to have the Selected Uploader default to the one I use 99.99% of the time (instead of FTP)?

Opening the Uploader with Ctrl-Command-u should open the uploader with the last service you used. Does that work for you?
Mick O
Camera Bits