Author Topic: PM -> LR Drag and Drop now intermittent with LR 9.2  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Linwood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM -> LR Drag and Drop now intermittent with LR 9.2
« on: February 17, 2020, 12:29:53 PM »
For years and many versions of LR and PM I've been culling in PM by tags after I import to disk in PM, crop/straighten, then selecting all tagged and dragging and dropping into LR so it goes into import node and with those images selected ready to move (or copy).

I recently upgraded to LR 9.2, and now sometimes (but not every time) it simply will not work.  It invokes the import dialog, it shows the right source folder and images, but none of the images are selected so the import button is grey.

I just did another shoot and it happened again -- third time out of four tries.  Each of these four I have tried many times with that shoot's photos, closing and re-opening both PM and LR without success.  I cannot find any difference in what I did the one time it worked.

I have seen nothing on the web about similar failures with PM.

Is anyone else seeing it?   

Note I did not upgrade PM at the same time, so the change would appear to be in LR.  I am on LR 9.2 on Windows 10, and PM 6 build 4155.

Any other reports?   Anything I can try to see the cause?

Linwood

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM -> LR Drag and Drop now intermittent with LR 9.2
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 06:13:13 PM »
Linwood,

Yes, others are seeing the problem.

It appears that if you open the import window before you drag and drop then it will work.

This does not appear to be a Photo Mechanic problem specifically.  We suggest that Lightroom users tell Adobe about the problem.  Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

-Kirk

Offline Linwood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 06:53:24 PM »
Thanks for the workaround, and I have asked Adobe.

Offline Linwood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 06:02:07 AM »
Adobe says "it is on our radar".

Offline starsphinx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 11:13:25 AM »
Thank you thank you thank you - tearing my hair out 950 photos, only 200 tagged.  The idea of having to rego through them in LR to reselect was a nightmare.  Redragged them with import window opened and it sorted it.  Thank you so much you guys are the best