Author Topic: IPTC Template issues  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Bob Hendricks

• View Profile
IPTC Template issues
« on: February 19, 2020, 08:49:52 AM »
I can enter a title for an artwork object in the IPTC Template, but when I scroll horizontally in the table of artwork fields, the program crashes and restarts with  "send support a message".  This is consistent.

See also my entry on the same topic for PM 6  where the program hangs, but does not crash, in essentially the same location.
Bob Hendricks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Template issues
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 08:50:46 AM »
Bob,

I can enter a title for an artwork object in the IPTC Template, but when I scroll horizontally in the table of artwork fields, the program crashes and restarts with  "send support a message".  This is consistent.

See also my entry on the same topic for PM 6  where the program hangs, but does not crash, in essentially the same location.

Please file the crash report.

-Kirk

Offline Bob Hendricks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 12:13:37 PM »
Kirk:

I filled out the crash report that came up when the program restarted.  Did you get it?

Bob
Bob Hendricks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 12:24:42 PM »
Bob,

I filled out the crash report that came up when the program restarted.  Did you get it?

Yes, it finally arrived.  Something odd is going on for sure.  And we're unable to reproduce the problem.  Could you make a screen recording of what you're doing to make it crash and post a link to it?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Bob Hendricks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 10:52:19 AM »
Kirk:  Please see my entry in the PM 6 topic "IPTV Template issues" The effects are similar in both versions of PM, so I am putting up a common response to both.

Bob
Bob Hendricks

Offline Bob Hendricks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 03:05:23 AM »
I have now tested this issue in build 4356 of 6+. The program crashes.  The effect has been duplicated twice and behavior is consistent.  I filled out the crash report, but in case that did not come through to you, here are  the steps I followed:

1. start 6+
2. File=>Open Recent
3. open my subdirectory of a few test files
4. select an image (this image had an xmp sidecar which I have attached
5. scroll to the Artwork/Object table
6. table is empty
7. scroll sideways to the right on the first line; scroll back to the left --all is ok
8. click on empty Title box--it is locked; cannot enter any data
9. click on  "+" box  --this box usually inserts the words "default" across the first row of the table
10. Now, the program crashes

I suspect the sidecar, so will delete it and report results momentarily
Bob Hendricks

Offline Bob Hendricks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 03:23:45 AM »
Here are the results of the next test:

1. I quit 6+ in order to force a fresh reload
2. I removed the xmp sidecar from my test image folder (placed it in a subfolder and renamed it)
3. start 6+ in normal way (get messages about previous crash; bypass sending the crash reports)
4. follow the steps of previous post exactly
5. 6+ crashes in exactly the same way

I noticed that although the sidecar is gone, the template had save values of other variables in the IPTC template.

I cleared the template and then scrolled to the Artwork table--behavior is consistent--program crashes.
Bob Hendricks