Author Topic: nominations for snapshots?  (Read 1925 times)

Offline carlseibert

• View Profile
nominations for snapshots?
« on: February 25, 2020, 09:40:38 AM »
With release nearing, I thought it might be useful to have a thread for ideas of where Snapshots might be needed. I realize that threads like this sometimes don't work out and become yet another place in the hodge-podge of places the poor developers have to look for stuff.

But, with hope springing eternal....

I'll start off with my own nominations:

Scan to catalog         A must in my book

Active Catalogs         I already have seven catalogs. That's 14 tickboxes. A Snapshot here would be a sanity saver

Search                     Obviously

Searchable Fields      Being able to switch configurations - and remember what your favorite configuration is - would be worth its weight on gold. I could make an argument for Searchable Fields to be included in the general Search Snapshot or to be separate. What do you think? I would think this Snapshot could set the fields for the search bar in Filters as well as the Quick Search pane. (Which is an argument for making it separate from the contents-of-the-search bar snapshot, I guess. :-)

Filters                      My feeling is to grab everything in the whole stack at once. Which is the Photo Mechanic way in any case. (Or my interpretation of it.) Thoughts?

What am I missing? Nominate a Snapshot button