Author Topic: Possible bug: renaming destination folder inside import dialog locks app up  (Read 1465 times)

Offline owen-b

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm on PM 6.0 b4155, on an iMac 27" 5K running 10.14.6.

Scenario: importing images, I click Destination folder and in the dialog that opens I select my template destination folder (which contains numerous folders I'll need now and later) and duplicate it. I can then import to that new set of folders. But if after duplicating the folder I then rename the new set of folders, after selecting the destination I want to import to and returning to the regular import dialog I can't do anything. Every click, on any part of the PM interface, results in an error beep. No window has popped up that I can see that requires prior attention, even though it's acting as if something like that has happened.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Owen,

Hi, I'm on PM 6.0 b4155, on an iMac 27" 5K running 10.14.6.

Scenario: importing images, I click Destination folder and in the dialog that opens I select my template destination folder (which contains numerous folders I'll need now and later) and duplicate it. I can then import to that new set of folders. But if after duplicating the folder I then rename the new set of folders, after selecting the destination I want to import to and returning to the regular import dialog I can't do anything. Every click, on any part of the PM interface, results in an error beep. No window has popped up that I can see that requires prior attention, even though it's acting as if something like that has happened.

In the Accessibility page of the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog, do you have the setting "Run Navigation Services dialogs in a separate process" turned on?  If so, try turning it off and see if that helps.

-Kirk