Author Topic: Ingest Question  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Bob Hendricks

• View Profile
Ingest Question
« on: February 24, 2020, 04:53:39 AM »
In order to improve my workflow, I would like to restructure my folders and rename my images.  Many of the existing folders have images that were shot in NEF+RAW mode and/or which have been processed in Photoshop and/or DxO and thus have files with PSD and/or DOP extensions. The base filename for each is the same.

What will PM6 do to the file names if I try to ingest a folder that has, for example, four files with the same base name and one of each extension, NEF, JPG, DOP and PSD? 
Bob Hendricks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 09:51:02 AM »
Bob,

In order to improve my workflow, I would like to restructure my folders and rename my images.  Many of the existing folders have images that were shot in NEF+RAW mode and/or which have been processed in Photoshop and/or DxO and thus have files with PSD and/or DOP extensions. The base filename for each is the same.

What will PM6 do to the file names if I try to ingest a folder that has, for example, four files with the same base name and one of each extension, NEF, JPG, DOP and PSD?

Ingest will pair the NEF and JPG and process them together and then handle the other files separately.

-Kirk