Author Topic: ingest after crash of PM - how can I finish the ingest without duplicates ?  (Read 3082 times)

Offline maaggus

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I tried to ingest a hdd with my pictures folder in it. It crashes all the time during the ingest. And it happens during the ingest of different folders. Not only at the same file or folder. I sent the crash report to camerabits but no reaction. I posted a ticket but no response.

If I restart the ingest it creates duplicates of the already ingested files. What's that ? Why doesn't it detect the already ingested files and skip them ?

The worst piece of software I ever bought!

How can I continue the ingest where it stopped because of the crash ? WITHOUT creating duplicates all the time ? Which settings do I have to set to continue where it stoped ?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Markus

Offline kim

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Have you tried this in Ingest:
/Kim

Offline maaggus

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Yes, I tried this already. Before the crash it tries to rename/move a video file. How can I exclude .mov and .mp4 files ? To not ingest them ? I think that's the problem.
The worst is: the error field is empty. It stops the ingest without any alert.
Another thing: what's the difference between cancel and abort ??? What does what ? How can someone name buttons with such names ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Yes, I tried this already. Before the crash it tries to rename/move a video file. How can I exclude .mov and .mp4 files ? To not ingest them ? I think that's the problem.

There is no facility for ignoring specific file types.

The worst is: the error field is empty. It stops the ingest without any alert.
Another thing: what's the difference between cancel and abort ??? What does what ? How can someone name buttons with such names ?

Could you please post a screen shot showing the error box?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline maaggus

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I permanently send error reports but nobody cares. I don't get a reply on two tickes I sent.
I had another crash half an hour ago but the only window I got was the "send report". I sent 4 reports already without any reply from camerabits!

The worst piece of software I ever bought and the worst customer service I ever had!