Author Topic: Blown highlights  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Blown highlights
« on: February 27, 2020, 08:15:09 AM »
Using PM6 and Apple iMac Catalina. When I notice that in the preview in PM6 that there are blown highlights, indicated in red, I go into Photoshop, usually Camera Raw to fix the blown highlights. However, despite the image not having blown highlights according to PS 2020 camera raw, they are still present when I go back to PM6. Usually less red but definatly still there. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Blown highlights
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:54:54 AM »
Frank,

Using PM6 and Apple iMac Catalina. When I notice that in the preview in PM6 that there are blown highlights, indicated in red, I go into Photoshop, usually Camera Raw to fix the blown highlights. However, despite the image not having blown highlights according to PS 2020 camera raw, they are still present when I go back to PM6. Usually less red but definatly still there. Am I doing something wrong?

Photo Mechanic is showing you the embedded JPEG preview which is not being updated by Adobe Camera RAW.  If the preview continues to have blown highlights, PM will show them that way.

You could switch to using DNG files and Adobe Camera RAW will update the previews in them and they'll reflect your adjustments in PM.

-Kirk