Author Topic: Non-Existent Files Still Appear In Browse Contact Sheet  (Read 2921 times)

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Non-Existent Files Still Appear In Browse Contact Sheet
« on: February 28, 2020, 06:06:46 AM »
I have image files that have been deleted still showing up in Organizer->Browse contact sheet. I've re-indexed the catalog to no avail. When clicking the metadata info button on one of these images, an empty metadata info window title bar shows "Read Only".

<Edit>
But, interestingly, the non-existent images don't appear to be included in the browse count.
</Edit>
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Non-Existent Files Still Appear In Browse Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 07:26:02 AM »
I have image files that have been deleted still showing up in Organizer->Browse contact sheet. I've re-indexed the catalog to no avail. When clicking the metadata info button on one of these images, an empty metadata info window title bar shows "Read Only".

Re-indexing won't fix this issue.  Have you tried selecting those images that have been deleted and remove them from the catalog?

Right-click on an item and choose "Remove from Catalog" on the contextual menu.

-Kirk

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Existent Files Still Appear In Browse Contact Sheet
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 01:12:52 PM »

Re-indexing won't fix this issue.  Have you tried selecting those images that have been deleted and remove them from the catalog?

Right-click on an item and choose "Remove from Catalog" on the contextual menu.

-Kirk

Yes, first thing I attempted. I'm finding that on a missing file all file operations on all menus are grayed out. No can do.
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.