Author Topic: While toggling a tag an error occurred:  (Read 4854 times)

Offline sarahlou729

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
While toggling a tag an error occurred:
« on: March 08, 2020, 02:18:57 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 4155 (e068498) and I run Mac OS  Catalina 10.15.3 (3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5)

Error loading metadata from '/Volumes/NIKON D750 /DCIM/101EOS5D/CR9A0196.CR2'.

Anyone know why this is happening? I'm near the end of culling my 2nd shooters photos and this just popped up and won't let me keep tagging. It will let me tag the photos before it but nothing after this one...

My program is up to date, already tried quitting, restarting my computer and it's still happening on the same image. I want to post sneak peeks tonight 😭

Thank youuuu

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: While toggling a tag an error occurred:
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 09:07:37 AM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 4155 (e068498) and I run Mac OS  Catalina 10.15.3 (3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5)

Error loading metadata from '/Volumes/NIKON D750 /DCIM/101EOS5D/CR9A0196.CR2'.

Anyone know why this is happening? I'm near the end of culling my 2nd shooters photos and this just popped up and won't let me keep tagging. It will let me tag the photos before it but nothing after this one...

My program is up to date, already tried quitting, restarting my computer and it's still happening on the same image. I want to post sneak peeks tonight 😭

How is it that your Nikon D750 is shooting Canon CR2 RAW files?

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: While toggling a tag an error occurred:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 02:49:34 PM »
Are you tagging files still on the memory card? If so, I suspect the card has become full and that is why it is not accepting more tags.  We really really (really) suggest ingesting cards to a local drive as the first step if at all possible for this reason. (I ended up getting an SSD just for ingests because of this)  Editing metadata while files are still on the memory card can be risky and they are your only versions until they are copied.

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits