Author Topic: Shutter Actuations  (Read 8303 times)

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Shutter Actuations
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:01:41 AM »
What do you need to do to see the shutter actuations from your camera in the info box? thanks...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Shutter Actuations
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:10:32 AM »
Rob,

What do you need to do to see the shutter actuations from your camera in the info box? thanks...

Use Set Info Text... from the Edit menu.  Put the following into the text:

Actuations: {act}

-Kirk

Offline theim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:46:57 AM »
Kirk,

I Added Actuations: {act} to the Set Info Text list and still can't see shutter actuations in the Info Box.
I'm using PM 4.4.3.3 and Windows XP Professional (Svc Pack2).

Any idea why it's not showing up?

Thanks,
Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 09:23:52 AM »
Tom,

I Added Actuations: {act} to the Set Info Text list and still can't see shutter actuations in the Info Box.

Not all cameras put that information into their images.  What camera do you have?

-Kirk

Offline theim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 12:11:26 PM »
Tom,

Not all cameras put that information into their images.  What camera do you have?

-Kirk

Nikon D2Hs.  But now I feel like an idiot!  I clicked in the Info Box, then scrolled down (with my mouse wheel) and sure enough, the actuations are there.  It wasn't obvious to me at first, as there appears to be no way to resize the Info Box (ie, drag the lower boundary downward to see more entries), and I don't believe there's a scroll bar for just the Info Box which I'd expect to see if the number of entries in the Info Box exceeds what's visible.  I'll probably just eliminate another entry I'm less interested in, so scrolling for each image won't be necessary.  Or, maybe a larger monitor is the answer.

Anyway, I'm all set.

Thanks,
Tom

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 06:18:42 PM »
Tom,

-Kirk

Nikon D2Hs.  But now I feel like an idiot!  I clicked in the Info Box, then scrolled down (with my mouse wheel) and sure enough, the actuations are there.  It wasn't obvious to me at first, as there appears to be no way to resize the Info Box (ie, drag the lower boundary downward to see more entries), and I don't believe there's a scroll bar for just the Info Box which I'd expect to see if the number of entries in the Info Box exceeds what's visible.  I'll probably just eliminate another entry I'm less interested in, so scrolling for each image won't be necessary.  Or, maybe a larger monitor is the answer.

Anyway, I'm all set.

In the Preview window, there are two buttons with a + and a - on them right next to the words "Info Text".  Clicking on the + makes it taller, clicking on the - makes it shorter.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline theim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 07:09:49 AM »
Tom,

-Kirk

Anyway, I'm all set.

In the Preview window, there are two buttons with a + and a - on them right next to the words "Info Text".  Clicking on the + makes it taller, clicking on the - makes it shorter.

HTH,

-Kirk

Thanks, Kirk.  I see now that I just didn't have the whole panel wide enough.  By making it wider I am now able to see the +/- buttons AND the scroll bar I thought was missing.  My fault - thanks again.

Tom