Author Topic: File Access Failure  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Bob Hendricks

• View Profile
File Access Failure
« on: March 10, 2020, 11:02:20 AM »
When I start PM 6 Plus and click on File => Open Recent, I get the correct list of folders I have recently visited.  However, no folder in the list is "hot".  I cannot access any location in the Recents list.  However, if I go to Navigator, I can access all of my folder tree including the recently visited folders.

This does not occur when I try the same navigation in PM 6.

I have duplicated this behavior by performing a Force Quit on both instances of the app and loading each instance fresh.

Hope I am not missing something really simple?

Bob Hendricks
Bob Hendricks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: File Access Failure
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 11:22:20 AM »
Bob,

When I start PM 6 Plus and click on File => Open Recent, I get the correct list of folders I have recently visited.  However, no folder in the list is "hot".  I cannot access any location in the Recents list.  However, if I go to Navigator, I can access all of my folder tree including the recently visited folders.

This does not occur when I try the same navigation in PM 6.

I have duplicated this behavior by performing a Force Quit on both instances of the app and loading each instance fresh.

Hope I am not missing something really simple?

Simply try again.  Because the beta warning dialog appears, the recent list is not populated correctly the first time you view it.  If you release the mouse button and try again, it should then work.  This won't affect the final application once the beta warning dialog is removed.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Bob Hendricks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 01:45:18 PM »
Kirk:

When I start PM6+ I do not get a warning (only get it the first time I start after installing.)

I have tried a number of times as directed.  I do the following: File => Recent (no luck) Click Photo Mechanic Plus => About => File => Recent (still no luck).

I have tried a bunch of different comments, but all in vain.

However, since it appears to be a known issue, it will go away in a future build.

Bob
Bob Hendricks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 02:59:46 PM »
Bob,

When I start PM6+ I do not get a warning (only get it the first time I start after installing.)

I have tried a number of times as directed.  I do the following: File => Recent (no luck) Click Photo Mechanic Plus => About => File => Recent (still no luck).

Are you running that custom build that I gave you?  If so, it has a bug in it related to the enabling of certain menu items.  That bug has been fixed and won't be present in the next build.

-Kirk