Author Topic: RAW rendering  (Read 4577 times)

Offline Zathras

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
RAW rendering
« on: March 17, 2020, 05:13:37 PM »
I've been using Adobe DNG converter to render RAW files. There's an option to use the Built-in renderer. I've kicked Adobe to the curb when I retired. But I still want to use Photo Mechanic 6. How do I make it switch to "Built-in Renderer" in the Render Cache section of PM? Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAW rendering
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 06:05:51 PM »
I've been using Adobe DNG converter to render RAW files. There's an option to use the Built-in renderer. I've kicked Adobe to the curb when I retired. But I still want to use Photo Mechanic 6. How do I make it switch to "Built-in Renderer" in the Render Cache section of PM? Thanks!

Based on your screen shot, it should be working as long as the DNG Converter at that location exists, works on your system, and is up-to-date enough that it can handle the RAW files that your camera(s) produce.

Note: it is glacially slow.  But, once the previews have been created, it's quite snappy.

-Kirk

Offline Zathras

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 06:30:45 PM »
What I want is to use the built-in renderer, and dump the Adobe solution. But it won't let me.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 07:01:36 PM »
What I want is to use the built-in renderer, and dump the Adobe solution. But it won't let me.

It's not finished.  That's why it's disabled.  The Adobe DNG Converter is completely free to download and use.

-Kirk
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:19:03 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Andy21

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: RAW rendering "Built-in"
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 10:07:05 AM »
I would to avoid convert the Raw file in DNG format, so do you have any idea when approximately  is scheduled to finish of that functionality? It would be very useful in my workflow. Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAW rendering "Built-in"
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 12:02:41 PM »
I would to avoid convert the Raw file in DNG format, so do you have any idea when approximately  is scheduled to finish of that functionality? It would be very useful in my workflow. Thanks

Development on that feature has been postponed for now.

-Kirk