Author Topic: PM6 constantly crashes on shutdown with Catalina  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
PM6 constantly crashes on shutdown with Catalina
« on: March 27, 2020, 11:01:01 AM »
I have been having persistent problems with PM6 Version 6.0, build 4155 (e068498). Very often when I try to shut down PM6 it crashes and Apple error report screen appears. I have made a number, at least 6, reports to Apple and have latterly included info in the report asking for feed back but Apple so far has not had the common courtesy to come back to me. This is, of course, in stark contrast to Camera Bits who have a first class support system. Is anyone else having the same issues?

I am convinced the issue lies with Apple.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 constantly crashes on shutdown with Catalina
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 11:19:32 AM »
Frank,

I have been having persistent problems with PM6 Version 6.0, build 4155 (e068498). Very often when I try to shut down PM6 it crashes and Apple error report screen appears. I have made a number, at least 6, reports to Apple and have latterly included info in the report asking for feed back but Apple so far has not had the common courtesy to come back to me. This is, of course, in stark contrast to Camera Bits who have a first class support system. Is anyone else having the same issues?

I am convinced the issue lies with Apple.

On next launch of PM, does PM's crash reporter appear?

-Kirk

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Re: PM6 constantly crashes on shutdown with Catalina
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 02:21:41 AM »
No, the only reporter to appear is Apple reporter which has a long list of code to send to Apple. I tried to copy the list for your information but it was very long and I was unable to copy and paste.

I again sent the report to Apple with a request for feedback.

I am more convinced than ever that the issue is with iOS/Catalina.

Thanks again Kirk.

Stay well