Author Topic: Structured keywords have ALL disappeared from the structured keyword panel  (Read 7440 times)

Offline photophart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Anyone else seeing this?
Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Mark,

Anyone else seeing this?

What OS?  Is this only with Photo Mechanic Plus or with PM6?

-Kirk

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Anyone else seeing this?
All is well for me on Win 10 with PM+.

...Bill
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline photophart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Windows 10 1909. This affects both PM 6 and PM 6 plus. I keep fairly extensive backups an could probably restore the panel if I knew exactly what file I needed to restore.
Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
The file is called "StructuredKeywords_UTF-8.txt" and is in the following location:

C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Roaming\Camera Bits, Inc\Photo Mechanic\

If it is missing or zero size and you don't have a backup, I have attached the default file which you can download and put in that location.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline photophart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I have that file in that location. It is 5892KB when I try and open it in PM6 I get nothing. Mangled file, I think. Am going after backup of that file from image backups. I'll let you know if that doesn't work.
Mark

Offline photophart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
OK. There's this: Had to dig through incremental image backups one at a time until I found that file in a backup from 12 days ago where it's size suddenly dropped to 13KB from 5892KB. That smaller file turned out to be a usable copy of the structured keywords. Every file newer than that could not be opened by PM6. I'm guessing something strange happened on 03/13/20 that turned the structured keywords file into chopped liver. Moral of the story....backup,backup, backup.
Thanks for the quick responses here. Onward!
Mark

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Mark,

OK. There's this: Had to dig through incremental image backups one at a time until I found that file in a backup from 12 days ago where it's size suddenly dropped to 13KB from 5892KB. That smaller file turned out to be a usable copy of the structured keywords. Every file newer than that could not be opened by PM6. I'm guessing something strange happened on 03/13/20 that turned the structured keywords file into chopped liver. Moral of the story....backup,backup, backup.

If you can restore one of the larger files and get it to me, I'll see if I can fix it and get it back to you.

-Kirk

Offline photophart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Here you go Kirk. Good luck
I actually just opened that file in Notepad++ only to discover that it's a long list of file names including their directory locations. It bears no resemblance to a keywords file. Strange indeed.
Mark
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:43:17 AM by photophart »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Mark,

Here you go Kirk. Good luck
I actually just opened that file in Notepad++ only to discover that it's a long list of file names including their directory locations. It bears no resemblance to a keywords file. Strange indeed.

Wow.  I have no idea how that would be possible.  Certainly no way to restore it.

-Kirk

Offline photophart

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I could use it as a bookend, in a virtual sort of way....