Author Topic: Saving Crops from Contact Sheet  (Read 2773 times)

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Saving Crops from Contact Sheet
« on: March 27, 2020, 11:51:41 PM »
Hi there,

Just have been through 500 hundred phots and cropped from 4:3 to 16:9.

Can I save this crop information via a snapshot?

I would then like to clear crops and then crop originals again at 3:2 (then export), but save this crop information as well as an overlay.

I just don't wish to save the setting, but the actual crop which are placed strategically over the images.

Apologies if I am missing something.

Cheers,
Chumby

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Saving Crops from Contact Sheet
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 12:09:29 AM »
Just have been through 500 hundred phots and cropped from 4:3 to 16:9.

Can I save this crop information via a snapshot?

I would then like to clear crops and then crop originals again at 3:2 (then export), but save this crop information as well as an overlay.

I just don't wish to save the setting, but the actual crop which are placed strategically over the images.

You can copy a crop from an image that has the shape and position that you like (right-click on a photo that has a crop in the contact sheet and choose the Copy Crop item on the Crop submenu).  Then select the images that should have the same crop and right-click on one of the selected photos.  Choose "Paste Crop to selected items" on the Crop submenu.

That should do it.  Unless I'm completely misunderstanding your goal.

-Kirk

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 12:51:41 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Yes I'll try and explain it again.

I can copy, paste crops etc.  All good.

I would like to go through my images (500) and crop from 4:3 to 16:9 and then "Save As" and include crops (so 16:9 ration imags are saved).  Then I would like to clear out these crops "Delete" and go through my photos again and crop from original 4:3 to 3:2. "Save As" and include crop in the save, so that I have saved 3:2 ratio images.  The "Delete" crops from my master.

In the future I may wish to get any of the 16:9 or 3:2 crop overlays back ontop of my original 4:3 masters - without having to go through the process of editing each image again, realign crops etc.

So I think what I am saying is can I save the crop overlays for 16:9, then 3:2 (or whatever else) somehow which I can recall later and then they are overlayed over my original 4:3 masters?

Cheers
Chumby

Cheers
Chumby

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 10:10:10 AM »
I can copy, paste crops etc.  All good.

I would like to go through my images (500) and crop from 4:3 to 16:9 and then "Save As" and include crops (so 16:9 ration imags are saved).  Then I would like to clear out these crops "Delete" and go through my photos again and crop from original 4:3 to 3:2. "Save As" and include crop in the save, so that I have saved 3:2 ratio images.  The "Delete" crops from my master.

In the future I may wish to get any of the 16:9 or 3:2 crop overlays back ontop of my original 4:3 masters - without having to go through the process of editing each image again, realign crops etc.

So I think what I am saying is can I save the crop overlays for 16:9, then 3:2 (or whatever else) somehow which I can recall later and then they are overlayed over my original 4:3 masters?

No, that is not possible.

-Kirk

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 12:58:24 AM »
Ok Kirk, thank you.

Is this a feature that could be considered?  Perhaps there could be say "5" crop presets all with a different colour (so you could view as overlays at the same time if you wanted to ) and you could crop an image 5 different ways, and Save As an image to one of the pre-defined crops?

Just hate the thought of clearing out all my 16:9 crops to introduce 3:2 crops if my image library was massive (which I am planning it to be).  Maybe this could be something for the Plus / large catalogue version?

Cheers,
Chumby

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 01:30:14 PM »
You're welcome to make a feature request.  See this post: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12803.0

-Kirk

Offline chumby

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 08:08:37 PM »
Thank you Kirk!