Author Topic: overview of metadata PM6 vs LR  (Read 4519 times)

Offline Jaap van der Pijll

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
overview of metadata PM6 vs LR
« on: March 31, 2020, 01:06:16 AM »
Is there an overview of metadata that Lightroom adopts from PM.
Name PM6 vs LR

thank you in advance, Jaap

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: overview of metadata PM6 vs LR
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 09:09:53 AM »
Is there an overview of metadata that Lightroom adopts from PM.
Name PM6 vs LR

Most everything but our tag, Edit Status, our special "Image Prefs", and the version of PM that was used to update the metadata.

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 01:58:10 PM »
Probably the first thing to notice, at least for me, is that the prominent "Headline" field in the Photo Mechanic IPTC metadata pad is NOT what corresponds to the "Title" field in Lightroom.    The Title field in Lightroom will come from the "Title/Object name" field which, in the default PM template is quite a bit further down.   You can edit your Photo Mechanic IPTC template to change the order, which is one of the first things I do when I do a fresh install of PM.

This page also goes into the individual fields a bit more and shows you which PM variables correspond to each. It may be helpful to you
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/IPTC_map

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline joejenkins

• Newcomer
  • Joe Jenkins
    • View Profile
    • Joe Jenkins Photo
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 11:15:27 PM »
Photo Mechanic is the application the sets the standard for a quick and adaptable picture.

What's more, Metadata Panel​ is the section so named on the right side of the Library Module. It shows perspectives on a portion of the metadata fields. Various perspectives display more or less of the Metadata put away in the LR catalog.

Offline Jaap van der Pijll

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 05:47:08 AM »
Probably the first thing to notice, at least for me, is that the prominent "Headline" field in the Photo Mechanic IPTC metadata pad is NOT what corresponds to the "Title" field in Lightroom.    The Title field in Lightroom will come from the "Title/Object name" field which, in the default PM template is quite a bit further down.   You can edit your Photo Mechanic IPTC template to change the order, which is one of the first things I do when I do a fresh install of PM.

This page also goes into the individual fields a bit more and shows you which PM variables correspond to each. It may be helpful to you
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/IPTC_map

Mick
tnx Jaap