Author Topic: Add additional caption line  (Read 1647 times)

Offline davidjgrandy@gmail.com

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Add additional caption line
« on: October 25, 2021, 06:58:29 AM »
When I ingest hockey images into PM I have a generic caption set up that's applied to every shot. Teams, location, and so forth.  After processing I select the best shots and I'll go back into PM and create additional specific captions like player's names and what they're doing.

Because of deadlines I leave the game before its ended so I don't know the final score but I can find that out while I'm in the middle of post production.  What I'd like to do is to add one additional line to that generic caption that would say something like "The Tigers defeated the Bruins 4-3." and have that line be copied to every image.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Add additional caption line
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 07:50:02 AM »
When I ingest hockey images into PM I have a generic caption set up that's applied to every shot. Teams, location, and so forth.  After processing I select the best shots and I'll go back into PM and create additional specific captions like player's names and what they're doing.

Because of deadlines I leave the game before its ended so I don't know the final score but I can find that out while I'm in the middle of post production.  What I'd like to do is to add one additional line to that generic caption that would say something like "The Tigers defeated the Bruins 4-3." and have that line be copied to every image.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Yes, use the Metadata (IPTC) Template and use the "Append" option.  The text in the Caption field will be appended to the existing text in the image's Caption field.  Be sure to uncheck any fields that you don't want to apply.  Then apply the template to your selected images.

-Kirk