Author Topic: Make Preview window metadata like contact image metadata  (Read 3454 times)

Offline ibgb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Make Preview window metadata like contact image metadata
« on: March 16, 2020, 05:08:51 AM »
Both photo mechanic and photo mechanic plus: with the large photo preview window there is one line of info at the top which has the file name, dimensions, etc. no other metadata is currently available. In order to pull up metadata associated with a photo, one must exit the preview. Why not present metadata exactly like the thumbnails do? That is, whatever info is displayed below the thumbnails in the contact sheet, also display in the preview window, a very big single thumbnail view. This could give up to 3 lines of metadata in the preview.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Make Preview window metadata like contact image metadata
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 09:00:41 AM »
The Info Text pane is capable of showing many lines of information about your image and is present in the Preview window.

-Kirk

Offline ibgb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 01:02:21 PM »
If I understand you correctly, you are saying click and switch away from the preview window and launch the info text window, then click/switch back to the preview window and continue.

I am saying we users in general (maybe just me) are lazy and would like to not have to click/switch away from the preview window, view the info text window, and then click/switch away from the info text window back into the preview window. I understand very well that to support my laziness it must fall on the un-lazy typing fingers of programmers.   :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 01:36:40 PM »
No, no switching needed.  Please see my attached screen shot below.  I have annotated the Info text pane with a blue rectangle.  The text in this pane can be customized by you to show as much or as little metadata as you see fit.

If I'm still misunderstanding what you're asking for, please illustrate with a screenshot and annotate the specific area that needs improvement.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ibgb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 01:39:08 PM »
In the version 5 manual I found the Edit > Settings > Set Info Text menu choice, which has some info, mostly camera exif stuff. I was looking more for the type of info available to put under the image in the contact page. But the exif stuff is useful too, not just what I was looking for. I will customize that, however.

Offline ibgb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 01:42:02 PM »
Aw it scrolls down,,,way down, so yes that may work, thanks.