Author Topic: Photo Mechanic 6.0, build 4484 (5fe7e4b) Spotlight search ⌥⌘F not working  (Read 3448 times)

Offline GLS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello,
I am overwhelmingly happy to see the spotlight search in PM6, however, while using the “Search my Mac” field above the Favorites I can find corresponding files, using the Search panel ⌥⌘F with exactly the same search terms does not return any file.
As I am still using PM 5 as my main photo management tool, I can confirm that in Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a) the searches produce the same results.

Could please correct the bug?
Thank you in advance,

GLOS

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I am overwhelmingly happy to see the spotlight search in PM6, however, while using the “Search my Mac” field above the Favorites I can find corresponding files, using the Search panel ⌥⌘F with exactly the same search terms does not return any file.
As I am still using PM 5 as my main photo management tool, I can confirm that in Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a) the searches produce the same results.

Could please correct the bug?

Sure, if I can reproduce it.  Please post a screenshot showing your query.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Bob

• View Profile
Spotlight search works for for me fine in PM6.  If I use ⌥⌘F , and I choose "Caption" "Contains" "any" and a search term, I get no results. If I use "exact", in place of "any", I get same result as the "Search my Mac" bar. Maybe that has something to do with what you see?

Offline GLS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello,
For this example I am looking for a JPG that has following Description/Caption: "Geneva Skyline bitmap"

in PM6:
When searching with Search my mac I find what I am looking (see 1-search my Mac)
With spotlight search ⌥⌘F it doesn't work, and I've tried all possible combinations, here I am showing Caption/contains/exact as done by Bob - see 2-Spotlight search
And I get no results - see 3-Spotlight search results.

in PM5:
With spotlight search ⌥⌘F all permutations of Caption / (Contains|Begins with|Ends with|Is) / (Exact|Any|All) get the file.

Offline GLS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
And also limiting the spotlight search ⌥⌘F to "Skiline" (Caption / contains / any) does not return any file

Thank you!

GLS

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Can you post your Geneva.JPG file or otherwise provide it to me, please?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline GLS

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sent directly to you.
Kindest regards,

GLS