Author Topic: Version 6 - Couple Questions  (Read 1792 times)

Offline jkupferman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Version 6 - Couple Questions
« on: April 05, 2020, 02:12:16 PM »
Hi, I am running Photo Mechanic version 6, build 4484 on Mac 10.13.6.

Today I upgraded from version 5 to 6, and there are two things I used to be able to do in Version 5 that saved me a lot of time that I can't seem to be able to do in Version 6. Was looking for any help you guys have, thanks!

1. The command-click to zoom in on an image to a 100% crop no longer works if I have the crop tool selected. I have to unselect the cropping tool in order to zoom in. And then re select it to crop. In version 5, I was able to keep the crop tool always selected and still zoom in photos to quickly check sharpness, noise, or etc.

2. When doing a search at the top for a keyword, in version 5, I could clear the search, but as long as an image was selected, I could just press the down or up arrow on my keyboard and I wouldn't lose my place. Now, whenever I clear the search dialogue, even if I have an image selected, the window resets all the way back to the top and if I'm looking through hundreds of photos I have now lost my place and it takes a little while to get back to the image I was working on.

If anyone has any advice on how to return to the functionality of Version 5 in these two instances above, that would be very helpful! Thank you!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Version 6 - Couple Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 07:58:41 PM »
Hi, I am running Photo Mechanic version 6, build 4484 on Mac 10.13.6.

Today I upgraded from version 5 to 6, and there are two things I used to be able to do in Version 5 that saved me a lot of time that I can't seem to be able to do in Version 6. Was looking for any help you guys have, thanks!

1. The command-click to zoom in on an image to a 100% crop no longer works if I have the crop tool selected. I have to unselect the cropping tool in order to zoom in. And then re select it to crop. In version 5, I was able to keep the crop tool always selected and still zoom in photos to quickly check sharpness, noise, or etc.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  I am able to reproduce the problem and I have fixed it.

2. When doing a search at the top for a keyword, in version 5, I could clear the search, but as long as an image was selected, I could just press the down or up arrow on my keyboard and I wouldn't lose my place. Now, whenever I clear the search dialogue, even if I have an image selected, the window resets all the way back to the top and if I'm looking through hundreds of photos I have now lost my place and it takes a little while to get back to the image I was working on.

I'm not following your description very well.  Do you have the ability to record your screen?  Can you make a screen recording of your actions while you reproduce the problem and then get me a link to your video?

Thanks,

-Kirk