Author Topic: from PM to Photoshop ACR and back to PM  (Read 1807 times)

Offline s72237

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
from PM to Photoshop ACR and back to PM
« on: April 16, 2020, 04:32:40 PM »
How do I do it, what buttons do I push?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: from PM to Photoshop ACR and back to PM
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 04:54:08 PM »
Please see this documentation: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Edit_in_External_Editor

If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

-Kirk

Offline s72237

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »
For the love of all that is holy, can someone just tell me how to bring back an image from P/S to PM? I've done it before but I just forgot. The instruction manual is great for a computer software designer. I don't need theory.

thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 04:35:26 PM »
For the love of all that is holy, can someone just tell me how to bring back an image from P/S to PM? I've done it before but I just forgot. The instruction manual is great for a computer software designer. I don't need theory.

Sure ;)

If you're saving to the same image and it's not a RAW file, then simply return to PM and the thumbnail should update.  If you've saved to a new image back to its originating folder then return to PM and after it rescans the folder, the new thumbnail should appear.

If you're adjusting a RAW file, PM won't show you the edits you've made.  PM does not have access to Adobe's proprietary RAW rendering technology.  If you're willing to convert to DNG, then PM will see the edits you make in ACR to your DNG files because Photoshop/ACR will update the preview in the DNG file which PM can utilize.

HTH,

-Kirk