Author Topic: trying to rename pic with adding the capture time  (Read 3491 times)

Offline jaapmuscat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
trying to rename pic with adding the capture time
« on: April 17, 2020, 05:29:14 AM »
Hi,
Try to rename pics with adding capture time to it. I can see the capture time is 30 dec 2019  ( 8.08 pm) (similar for the original time).
In the PM I set the preference metadata  (IPTC) info date and times as using capture time.
But my date {datesort} is constantly giving me  2020010. These example pics were taken with iPhone 11.
Anyone has an idea what I am doing wrong? I have spent quite a bit of time reading links for this issue. In Lightroom etc....but unfortunately I don't get it right..  Thx.   Jaap

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: trying to rename pic with adding the capture time
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 07:35:42 AM »
Jaap,

Try to rename pics with adding capture time to it. I can see the capture time is 30 dec 2019  ( 8.08 pm) (similar for the original time).
In the PM I set the preference metadata  (IPTC) info date and times as using capture time.
But my date {datesort} is constantly giving me  2020010. These example pics were taken with iPhone 11.
Anyone has an idea what I am doing wrong? I have spent quite a bit of time reading links for this issue. In Lightroom etc....but unfortunately I don't get it right.. 

Could you share one of your images?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your image.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jaapmuscat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 11:15:17 AM »
hi Kirk,
hereby attached the file. Thx.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 12:55:48 PM »
hereby attached the file. Thx.

We don't have full EXIF support for HEIC files yet.  I expect that the time is from the file modification time.

-Kirk

Offline jaapmuscat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 09:16:03 PM »
Hi Kirk,
Yes, most likely it's the modification date. In this example it's only a difference of 2 days but in some cases when I don't copy iPhone HEIC files to my LR database directly it can be a difference of 1 month or more, which is not good.
Looking forward when PM is able to extract capture data from HEIC format.
Best, Jaap