Author Topic: Added: Highlight words in Filter stage found by user type-down search.  (Read 4796 times)

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
Windows 10 64-bit, PMP 4617

I am searching Keywords and as each letter is typed the Keywords matching is expanded.  This is rather confusing as I would expect only the final matching word should be expanded.  Is there some way that you could only expand keywords after the user indicate the typing is complete (maybe by pressing Enter).

Not sure this happens with any other searches.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.

I am searching Keywords and as each letter is typed the Keywords matching is expanded.  This is rather confusing as I would expect only the final matching word should be expanded.  Is there some way that you could only expand keywords after the user indicate the typing is complete (maybe by pressing Enter).

I suppose we could make it a preference that it does nothing until you hit enter, but type-down searches work the way it's implemented.  I see that the highlighting is working well.  It's pretty obvious what the match is.

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile

I suppose we could make it a preference that it does nothing until you hit enter, but type-down searches work the way it's implemented.  I see that the highlighting is working well.  It's pretty obvious what the match is.

-Kirk

True, it is working well but if I start with a 'B' then about 3 pages worth of keywords are expanded which is a pain because then scrolling becomes a real mission and there is no way I can find to un-expand all items.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Keith,

OK, we'll consider making that change.

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
Great!  Thanks Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
New "Search as you Type" option works perfectly.  Thanks for adding this option  :)

Offline timesnaps

• Newcomer
    • View Profile

True, it is working well but if I start with a 'B' then about 3 pages worth of keywords are expanded which is a pain because then scrolling becomes a real mission and there is no way I can find to un-expand all items.

Agreed!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.

Agreed!

I suggest that you change the preference so that it performs the search after you press enter.  Note, this is contained in the build posted here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12753.msg65531#msg65531

-Kirk