Author Topic: Random behaviour regarding RAW+JPG/JPEG files in PM6  (Read 2168 times)

Offline oleaa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Random behaviour regarding RAW+JPG/JPEG files in PM6
« on: April 24, 2020, 02:31:32 AM »
I start with a pair of RAW+JPG files, open them from Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 4538 (51e5663) to Luminar 4.1 with the Edit Photo in Luminar 4 command. I edit and export the file back to the same folder. Luminar 4 uses *.jpeg, not *.jpg file extension.

Then PM6 sometimes pairs the RAW+JPEG files, and sometimes the RAW+JPG. After a restart of PM6 the files are back to the normal RAW+JPG pair.

The RAW files I was working with today was from Olympus OM-D E-M5iii (ORF) and Panasonic G9 (RW2) cameras.

Hope you can look into that.
Thanks for a great program!

Ole :-)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Random behaviour regarding RAW+JPG/JPEG files in PM6
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 08:29:02 AM »
Ole,

I start with a pair of RAW+JPG files, open them from Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 4538 (51e5663) to Luminar 4.1 with the Edit Photo in Luminar 4 command. I edit and export the file back to the same folder. Luminar 4 uses *.jpeg, not *.jpg file extension.

Then PM6 sometimes pairs the RAW+JPEG files, and sometimes the RAW+JPG. After a restart of PM6 the files are back to the normal RAW+JPG pair.

The RAW files I was working with today was from Olympus OM-D E-M5iii (ORF) and Panasonic G9 (RW2) cameras.

Hope you can look into that.
Thanks for a great program!

The .jpeg and .jpg and the RAW files all have the same base name?  Pairing is going to be random in that case.  Why not save your Luminar-created files with a slightly modified name?  Then you can control the behavior.

-Kirk