Author Topic: Ingest: Treat videos separately to photos  (Read 3254 times)

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
Ingest: Treat videos separately to photos
« on: April 26, 2020, 08:01:05 PM »
Would you be willing to provide an option to ingest Photos and Video separately?

I would like to be able to ingest Photos and Videos to different directories.  This could be done in two separate ingests where I would select Photos only in the Filter Files drop-down for one ingest and then Videos only in the Filter Files drop-down for a second ingest.  An ideal option would be to provide a Video destination in addition to the Primary and Secondary destinations but then I would also like separate Copy Photos: and Folder Name: for videos destination.

As an example: I like to copy my photos to sub-directories named by date and my videos to a single sub-directory named Videos.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest: Treat videos separately to photos
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 09:06:56 AM »
Keith,

You can do this with the {mediatype} variable and Code Replacement.  You could have 'still' evaluate to {date} and 'video' evaluate to {date}/Videos

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline KeithRJ

• View Profile
    • Keith & Vlasta Ross-Jones
Re: Ingest: Treat videos separately to photos
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 08:59:18 PM »
Keith,

You can do this with the {mediatype} variable and Code Replacement.  You could have 'still' evaluate to {date} and 'video' evaluate to {date}/Videos

HTH,

-Kirk

Thanks Kirk,

that worked beautifully  :)

Features such as variables and code replacement makes this software soooo useful and powerful - Many thanks!