Author Topic: Caption Process and suggestions using new 4.5 for Mac OS X  (Read 6331 times)

Offline cottonc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keenpress
Caption Process and suggestions using new 4.5 for Mac OS X
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:52:09 PM »
Most often we will batch caption a large set of images, (using the IPTC stationary pad) and then add specific caption information to a smaller number of images. We notice that we you click on the extra + sign in the caption field, the additional information gets added below the original "general" caption information. What is the suggested way to have this work properly?

How would you achieve the results we are looking for?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption Process and suggestions using new 4.5 for Mac OS X
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 10:12:29 PM »
Most often we will batch caption a large set of images, (using the IPTC stationary pad) and then add specific caption information to a smaller number of images. We notice that we you click on the extra + sign in the caption field, the additional information gets added below the original "general" caption information. What is the suggested way to have this work properly?

How would you achieve the results we are looking for?

I don't know.  You haven't specified what the results are that you're looking for. ;)

The '+' causes the text you're currently applying to be appended to whatever text is already there.  So if you put a blank line as the first character in your appended text then you'll get a newline followed by your new text.  If you put a 'space' character as your first character, then a space will be appended to the current text, followed by the new text.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline cottonc

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Keenpress
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 03:30:50 PM »
Thanks Kirk, that's helpful. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the past the additonal caption information (+)  would go on top of the existing information, now it goes below.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »
Thanks Kirk, that's helpful. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the past the additonal caption information (+)  would go on top of the existing information, now it goes below.

It has always appended.  Never has it prepended the new text.

-Kirk