Author Topic: Possible bugs  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Possible bugs
« on: April 24, 2020, 11:56:44 AM »
ON AN EARLIER BUILD - NOT SURE WHICH:

1.  When opening PM by dragging a folder of images to it’s icon in the dock, I converted the file format from .HEIC to .jpg.  Then going through to select & delete (Cmd+delete) the .HEIC files, the application works perfectly except that the very next photo in the window  (which happens to be a .jpg of the last selected .HEIC photo) becomes selected.  I would think that when all the selected photos are deleted, nothing should remain selected.  Otherwise one might mistakenly just begin adding more photos to be be deleted and inadvertently have included a photo that one did not wish to delete.

2, Once, upon attempting to restart my MacMini running OS 10.11,  the restart was interrupted producing the attached “Restart bug” image.  (I know that Bridge & Photoshop both do the same, when something has been done in either application until closing the app.  I can deal with it but that is actually annoying.

[Restart bug.tiff]

ON Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 4456 (c64473e)

3. I encountered a mysterious puzzle when opening a large collection of images in PM, then selecting about 20 for adding a keyword to the metadata.  Some of them accepted the keyword, and  9 of them produced the attached info of which I am attaching a screenshot.  I have also appended 2 of the 9 offending files in event you can find something in those files that prevented their accepting the keyword.
[PM Metadata Add-A.tiff]
[PM Metadata Add-B.tiff]

Further, I opened those same 9 files in Adobe Bridge, and they readily accepted the keyword.  I then used Tech Tool Pro to assure that permissions did not block; I quit both PM & BIRDGE and emptied the caches. I had attempted to add the keywords in PM both by using the metadata template and the  keywords panel.  Since these 9 were the bottom (highest filenames) of the original selected group of images, I went to Both PM and Bridge and tried adding keywords both to individual and grouped files below (higher filenames) the offending files and everything worked perfectly!

Hope this leads you to some solution. - Jon Davidson

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Possible bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 03:01:29 PM »
I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk