Author Topic: Importing GPS Coordinates  (Read 2695 times)

Offline judas

• View Profile
Importing GPS Coordinates
« on: April 26, 2020, 11:37:10 PM »
Hi

i have not tried on mac , but yesterday night running the last v6 under windows 10 ,i tried to Importing GPS Coordinates , i have a *.gpx geo log tracking (and it works with lightroom)

as soon as I clicked  add to load the *.gpx and pm6 warned me to download another program

i don't remember about pm5

but i don't want to install another program only to load my *.gpx , pm6 should elaborate and load them without installing another program
well , in the info there ... there are so many GPS coordinates file type , but at least the most common  should be supported

i haven't tried on mac ,i hope I haven't  need to download another program under mac

should be a must at least handle the most common file like *.gpx

it's a non sense ,installing a program another program , is there a way to avoid to install it ?

could be added the ability to elaborate the most common geo coordinates file type?
thanks

ps , pm v5 can do it without installing another program!

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Importing GPS Coordinates
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 09:02:27 AM »
i have not tried on mac , but yesterday night running the last v6 under windows 10 ,i tried to Importing GPS Coordinates , i have a *.gpx geo log tracking (and it works with lightroom)

as soon as I clicked  add to load the *.gpx and pm6 warned me to download another program

but i don't want to install another program only to load my *.gpx , pm6 should elaborate and load them without installing another program
well , in the info there ... there are so many GPS coordinates file type , but at least the most common  should be supported

i haven't tried on mac ,i hope I haven't  need to download another program under mac

it's a non sense ,installing a program another program , is there a way to avoid to install it ?

could be added the ability to elaborate the most common geo coordinates file type?
thanks

We were able to include gpsbabel in PM5.  We can no longer do this, thus the optional install.  There is no way to avoid it.  Please follow the instructions provided and you'll be back to working in short order.

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 09:13:47 AM »

thanks

We were able to include gpsbabel in PM5.  We can no longer do this, thus the optional install.  There is no way to avoid it.  Please follow the instructions provided and you'll be back to working in short order.

-Kirk
hi Kirk
but do i need to install all the program , or do I need only an executable or few files
i mean i could install it and keep only the needed files
under mac , i need to install it , i don't think i can extract only the file or files that pm6 needs
thanks Kirk

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 10:27:23 AM »

thanks

but do i need to install all the program , or do I need only an executable or few files

The Windows installer does not offer a partial installation.  The part of the install that PM uses is "gpsbabel.exe", but I do not know if it is entirely standalone.  There are a number of DLLs in the folder that may be required for its operation.  I do not recommend trying to trim it down.

under mac , i need to install it , i don't think i can extract only the file or files that pm6 needs

Correct, I would not recommend trying to trim down the application package.

-Kirk

Offline judas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 10:29:18 AM »

thanks

The Windows installer does not offer a partial installation.  The part of the install that PM uses is "gpsbabel.exe", but I do not know if it is entirely standalone.  There are a number of DLLs in the folder that may be required for its operation.  I do not recommend trying to trim it down.

Correct, I would not recommend trying to trim down the application package.

-Kirk
hi
well i 'm installing gpsbabel on my windows and mac computer
thanks

Online Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 10:50:39 AM »
well i 'm installing gpsbabel on my windows and mac computer

Good.  Then you'll be back in working order soon.

-Kirk