Author Topic: RAW+JPG not showing the raw zoom possibilities in preview  (Read 1676 times)

Offline cybercap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
RAW+JPG not showing the raw zoom possibilities in preview
« on: April 27, 2020, 11:39:18 AM »
Hi,

I'm shooting RAW+(SMALL)JPG on a Nikon D850.
I use a 27-inch Mac with a 5k screen.

I use the combine preference function that shows only one thumbnail for the same raw+jpg pair.

However in preview mode i'm already at 94% magnification and zooming to 100% is useless.
Indeed, preview mode seems to use the small jpg file to display. I want the 45mpix of the raw zooming option, and logically the embedded jpg of the same resolution to be used.

PM seems to decide that if a jpg is present with the filename, the jpg is used for the preview.

I checked another old folder when I shot RAW only and the preview shows 53%

I don't want to to show both files in the contact sheet, that means keeping the unique thumbnail, but having the preview use the embedded full resolution jpg, not the 2nd small jpg file

Any ideas ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAW+JPG not showing the raw zoom possibilities in preview
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:54:41 AM »
I'm shooting RAW+(SMALL)JPG on a Nikon D850.
I use a 27-inch Mac with a 5k screen.

I use the combine preference function that shows only one thumbnail for the same raw+jpg pair.

However in preview mode i'm already at 94% magnification and zooming to 100% is useless.
Indeed, preview mode seems to use the small jpg file to display. I want the 45mpix of the raw zooming option, and logically the embedded jpg of the same resolution to be used.

PM seems to decide that if a jpg is present with the filename, the jpg is used for the preview.

I checked another old folder when I shot RAW only and the preview shows 53%

I don't want to to show both files in the contact sheet, that means keeping the unique thumbnail, but having the preview use the embedded full resolution jpg, not the 2nd small jpg file

There is no setting that will force PM to display the embedded preview in the RAW of a RAW+JPEG pair.  I have no workaround for you at this time.

-Kirk