Photo Mechanic > Support

Send photos via EMail failed

(1/1)

scarleton:
I am getting a MAPI error while trying to send some images via PM 4.4.3.  The exact error is:

Failed to send mail message, Error:2

I looked up this error and it looks like PM is not authentication correctly.  MAPI is setup with Outlook and my Outlook is hooked into my gmail account which requires username/password to send mail.  I am guessing here, but does PM need some more config info to use MAPI when the MAPI config needs a username/password to send?

Sam

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: scarleotn on May 12, 2006, 07:26:12 PM ---I am getting a MAPI error while trying to send some images via PM 4.4.3.  The exact error is:

Failed to send mail message, Error:2

I looked up this error and it looks like PM is not authentication correctly.  MAPI is setup with Outlook and my Outlook is hooked into my gmail account which requires username/password to send mail.  I am guessing here, but does PM need some more config info to use MAPI when the MAPI config needs a username/password to send?
--- End quote ---

Photo Mechanic just uses the "default MAPI setup" which on your system does not work.  I do not have Outlook.  I do have Outlook Express and a gmail account.  Is it possible to set up Outlook Express to hook into my gmail account so I can try and see if there is a possible solution?

Thanks,

-Kirk

scarleton:
Kirk,

Are you asking me to install Outlook Express?  Sorry, but I cannot stand either Outlook or Outlook Express. I don't need the email feature very often and it is easier for me to simply find another way to email things then install yet another product I cannot stand.  Sorry.

Sam

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: scarleotn on May 15, 2006, 06:45:44 PM ---Are you asking me to install Outlook Express?  Sorry, but I cannot stand either Outlook or Outlook Express. I don't need the email feature very often and it is easier for me to simply find another way to email things then install yet another product I cannot stand.  Sorry.
--- End quote ---

No, I did not ask that at all.  What I asked was for *your* help in getting my Outlook Express to hook up with gmail like yours does.  I did not ask you to change email clients.

I don't use a Windows PC at all for reading my email.  For that, I have a Mac.

So if you want to help me configure my PC to act like yours does so that I can help you then please let me know.

-Kirk

gajones:
This page might help you get that set up:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276&topic=1555

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version