Author Topic: DVD Burning  (Read 4151 times)

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
DVD Burning
« on: May 13, 2007, 09:55:40 PM »
When burning a DVD or CD is there a way to burn all the files in a directory with PM? 

To my horror just moment ago, I just figured out the PM does not burn all the files in directory unless they are jpg, tif, or a native camera raw file.  Luckily, I archive work to a network drive... whew!

For example, PM does not display thumbs or resource image to represent that file for pdf or MSWord files so there is no way to select those file for archiving with the image files.  When I burn DVDs I want to be able to burn pdf scans or stories that were written to go along with the images or any other files pertaining to that shoot/job.  I thought there was a way to toggle on or off placeholder files so this could be done.  Was I mistaken?

Is there a way around this or can I request this as a feature.

~ Wolvie
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:01:30 PM by Wolvie »

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: DVD Burning
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:00:41 PM »
Wolvie,

When burning a DVD or CD is there a way to burn all the files in a directory with PM? 

For example, PM does not display thumbs or resource image to represent that file for pdf or MSWord files so there is no way to select those file for archiving.  When I burn DVDs I want to be able to burn pdf scans or stories  that were written to go along with the images or any other files pertaining to that shoot/job.

I thought there was a way to toggle on or off placeholder files.  Was I mistaken?

You can turn on viewing unknown files as proxies from the View menu.  The files should then be able to be burned onto CD or DVD media.

-Kirk

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
Re: DVD Burning
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:04:39 PM »
Wolvie,

For example, PM does not display thumbs or resource image to represent that file for pdf or MSWord files so there is no way to select those file for archiving.  When I burn DVDs I want to be able to burn pdf scans or stories  that were written to go along with the images or any other files pertaining to that shoot/job.

I thought there was a way to toggle on or off placeholder files.  Was I mistaken?

You can turn on viewing unknown files as proxies from the View menu.  The files should then be able to be burned onto CD or DVD media.

-Kirk

Thank you, Kirk.  I thought there was a toggle, but could not remember where it was.  I looked in the preferences menu three times before writing and couldn't find it --- because it wasn't there ... LOL.  Thanks you again.

~ Wolvie